Engage your student’s young minds in this hands-on minds-on program. Designed to educate and entertain students, we will rotate through three interactive stations. Students will discover the old ways of producing textiles.
Links to curriculum outcomes:
- Identify reasons for settlement and development of the local community
- Identify and describe changes in their local community over time
- Recognize that their community consists of people and places with interesting stories
- Identifies the responsibilities of family members
- Develop an understanding of time concepts
- Children will learn how evolution of technology has helped ease the workload for families
30 students maximum
1 chaperone for every 10 students
Arrival: Bathroom, Place coats, bags etc.
5 min: Welcome Introduction
Students are divided into 3 groups (10 max) and guided to the appropriate station and will rotate every 15 minutes.
15minutes: Wool Carding
15minutes: Spinning Wool (using their fingers)
15minutes: Water wheel.
10 minutes: Conclusion and Q&A