All programs are booked on a first come, first served basis. If possible, bookings can be made for the time and date that best meets your needs. There is no cost for school programs booked in advance, donations are greatly appreciated!
To reserve your program, Call (902)543-8233 June through September or (902)543-4033 (October through May) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chaperones, teachers, assistants, and bus drivers are admitted free.
When weather is fine, there is picnic space available next to the waterfalls. In bad weather space next to the water wheel inside the mill will be made available.
Bathrooms are available. Location of bathrooms is separate from the carding mill at the north end of the parking lot.
There is a small gift shop located at the mill.
What to Expect
Prior to your visit
- Confirmation of school program booking, date, and time, along with a Pre-visit Package sent to teachers via email.
- Check before your visit, whether any of your students are allergic to wool or conditions associated with severe damp.
- You will be met on arrival by Museum staff, who will conduct your program and tour.
- This is your museum, preserved for your enjoyment. Be respectful of the building, its contents and the grounds surrounding it.
- Programs are generally 60 to 90 minutes long. Planning additional time after the program allows students to enjoy a picnic lunch and explore the museum.